Dr Mohit Saraogi-Many infertile individuals and couples opt for IVF treatment to experience natural parenthood. Although many other treatment options exist in assisted reproduction techniques, IVF remains at the forefront. However, people keen to proceed with IVF should consider the benefits and risks of IVF before going ahead with it.
Dr Mohit Saraogi of Saraogi IVF Hospital, Mumbai, states, ‘I have been performing IVF procedures for 13+ years, with more than 50% success rate. However, I make it a point to brief my patients about the pros and cons of IVF treatment and ensure they take the most suitable decision for parenthood.
IVF, or in vitro fertilization, is a medical procedure helps couples with fertility issues have a child. With IVF, a woman’s eggs are fertilized with sperm outside the body and then transferred to the woman’s uterus.
Benefits of IVF
- IVF increases a couple’s chances of having a baby. Hence, it is a suitable for couples who have difficulty conceiving on their own.
- IVF can be used to treat infertility that is caused by endometriosis, ovulation disorders, and other fertility issues.
- IVF can be used in combination with other fertility treatments such as the use of donor eggs or sperm and other procedures to help couples unable to conceive naturally.
- IVF can help couples preserve their fertility. In some cases, IVF can be used to preserve fertility in women undergoing treatments, such as chemotherapy, that could otherwise damage their fertility.
The Risks of IVF
- Multiple Births is one of the most common risks associated with IVF. Women who choose to transfer multiple embryos to increase their chances of having a successful pregnancy. As the chance of multiple births increases, so also the risk of medical complications arising for both mother and baby.
- Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome (OHSS) is a condition that occurs when the ovaries are overstimulated during the IVF process. It can cause abdominal pain, nausea, and vomiting.
- Ectopic Pregnancy occurs when the embryo implants outside of the uterus, usually in the fallopian tubes. It can be a dangerous complication, as it can cause severe pain, bleeding, and damage to the reproductive organs.
- The risk of miscarriage is slightly more likely with IVF pregnancies as compared to normal pregnancies
- The IVF process is stressful and emotionally taxing for couples. It raises the anxiety levels of both the patients and their families.
About Dr. Mohit R. Saraogi
Dr Mohit Saraogi is a renowned IVF specialist in Mumbai and an esteemed member of the Federation of Obstetrics and Gynaecological Societies of India. With more than thirteen years of experience in the field of in-vitro fertilization, he is also a specialist in Gynaecology, Obstetrics and Clinical Embryology. He is well-versed in other fertility treatments, such as IUI, ICSI and IMSI, and can achieve success rates of over 45% for IVF therapy, which is higher than the average. For his laudable accomplishments in the field of fertility, he was presented with the Best IVF specialist in India (2018-19) award.
Dr Mohit Saraogi is available at Saraogi Hospital, Mumbai and offers extensive gynecological treatments such as Infertility, IUI Treatment , IMSI Treatment , ICSI Treatment, Frozen Embryo Transfer Treatment, Surrogacy in Mumbai, Egg Donation Treatment and Donor Sperm Procedure in Mumbai.
For further details, contact
SARAOGI HOSPITAL, MUMBAI
Khetan Apartment, S. V. road, Opp. Telephone Exchange, Malad (W), Mumbai 400 064.
Phone: +91-9930666930 / +91-8108596729